Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Matthew Gibbs is an assistant professor at the University of Winnipeg. He has published numerous articles on the history of ancient Rome.
Milo Nikolic is an assistant professor at Memorial University. His research interests include Roman agricultural practices as well as ancient water and aqueducts.
Pauline Ripat is an assistant professor at the University of Winnipeg. A contributor to several edited volumes in classical studies, including the forthcoming Cheating Women: Curse Tablets and Roman Wives (OUP UK), Ripat commonly teaches introductory Latin and Greek and Roman society courses.
Table of Contents
Preface and Acknowledgments
1. Roman History and Roman Society (Pauline Ripat)
2. Overview of Political History (Matthew Gibbs, Milo Nikolic, Andrew Sherwood)
3. Class and Status (Pauline Ripat)
4. Roman Slavery (Leslie Shumka)
5. The Roman Household (Alison Jeppesen-Wigelsworth)
7. Latin Literature (Luke Roman)
8. Roman Sexuality (Kelly Olson)
9. Religion (Andreas Bendlin)
10. Government and Politics (John Vanderspoel)
11. Crime, Law, and Order (Benjamin Kelly)
12. Roman Entertainment (Michael Carter)
13. Army and Warfare (Conor Whately)
14. Foreign Relations (Greg Fisher)
15. Trade and Economy (Matthew Gibbs)
16. Roman Technology and Engineering (Milo Nikolic)
17. Roman Art and Architecture (Beth Munro)
Appendix I Resources for Students
Appendix II Maps