Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Debra Haire-Joshu, PhD, is the Joyce Wood Professor in the Brown School at Washington University in St. Louis.
Timothy D. McBride, PhD, is a professor in the Brown School at Washington University in St. Louis.
Table of Contents
Acknowledgments and Dedication
Foreword (Edward Lawlor)
Preface (Debra Haire-Joshu and Timothy McBride)
Part 1: Defining transdisciplinary research and education
1. Transdisciplinary public health: Definitions, core characteristics, and strategies for success (Daniel Stokols, Kara L. Hall and Amanda L. Vogel)
2. Transdisciplinary training and TRECs (Sarah Gehlert and Teri Browne)
3. Competencies in Transdisciplinary Public Health (Lauren D. Arnold, J. Aaron Hipp, Anne Sebert Kuhlmann and Elizabeth Budd)
4. Measuring success: An evaluation framework for transdisciplinary public health (Douglas A. Luke, Sarah Moreland-Russell and Stephanie Herbers)
Part 2: Cross cutting themes in transdisciplinary research
5. Sorting out the socioeconomic determinants of poverty and health (Timothy D. McBride, Lisa Pollack, Abigail R. Barker and Leah Kemper)
6. Transdisciplinary public policy: The roles of law & public health in creating public policy (Sidney D. Watson)
7. Sociocultural perspectives applied to transdisciplinary public health (Bradley P. Stoner)
8. Evidence-based transdisciplinary problem-solving to improve the health of the public (Ross C. Brownson)
Part 3: Transdisciplinary practice: Case studies in domestic health
9. Transdisciplinary methods in the prevention and control of maternal-child obesity (Debra Haire-Joshu)
10. Transdisciplinary approaches to violence and injury prevention and treatment among children and Youth (Melissa Jonson-Reid, Nancy Weaver, Brett Drake, John Constantino)
11. Instruction and application in transdisciplinary problem solving: Linking public health and social service systems to address health disparities (Matthew W. Kreuter, Debbie Pfeiffer)
Part 4: Transdisciplinary practice: Case studies in global health
12. Transdisciplinary problem solving: Global hunger and undernutrition (Lora Iannotti)
13. Implementing public health interventions in developing countries: A transdisciplinary solution for safe drinking water in rural India (Ramesh Raghavan, Ravikumar Chockalingam, Zeena Johar)
14. Indoor air pollution and respiratory health: A transdisciplinary vision (Gautam Yadama, Kenneth B. Schechtman, Pratim Biswas, Mario Castro and Nishesh Chalise)