Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
1. Workforce Safety and Wellness
2. Therapeutic Communication
3. Legal Issues in EMS
Anatomy and Physiology
4. Anatomy and Physiology: Cellular Metabolism
5. Medical Terminology
6. Ambient Air, Airway, and Mechanics of Ventilation
7. Regulation of Ventilation, Ventilation/Perfusion Ratio, and Transport of Gases
8. Blood, Cardiac Function, and Vascular System
9. Lifespan Development
10. Public Health and EMS
11. EMS Pharmacology
Airway Management, Respiration, and Artificial Ventilation
12. Issues in Airway Management, Oxygenation, and Ventilation
13. Primary Assessment, Secondary Assessment, Taking a History, and Reassessment
14. Trauma Assessment
15. Medical Assessment
16. Neurology: Altered Mental Status
17. Neurology: Stroke
18. Neurology: Seizures
19. Abdominal Injuries and Gastrointestinal Bleeding
20. Immunology: Anaphylactic and Anaphylactoid Reactions
21. Endocrine Emergencies: Diabetes Mellitus and Hypoglycemia
22. Endocrine Emergencies: Hyperglycemic Disorders
23. Psychiatric Disorders
24. Cardiovascular Emergencies: Chest Pain and Acute Coronary Syndrome
25. Cardiovascular Emergencies: Congestive Heart Failure
26. Cardiovascular Emergencies: Hypertensive and Vascular Emergencies
27. Toxicology: Street Drugs
28. Respiratory Emergencies: Airway Resistance Disorders
29. Respiratory Emergencies: Lung and Gas Exchange Disorders
30. Respiratory Emergencies: Infectious Disorders
31. Hematology: Blood Disorders
32. Renal Disorders
33. Gynecologic Emergencies
34. Emergencies Involving the Eyes, Ears, Nose, and Throat
Shock and Resuscitation
35. Issues in Cardiac Arrest and Resuscitation
37. Bleeding and Bleeding Control
38. Chest Trauma
39. Abdominal Trauma
40. Soft Tissue Injuries: Crush Injury and Compartment Syndrome
41. Orthopedic Trauma
42. Head and Traumatic Brain Injury
43. Complete and Incomplete Spine and Spinal Cord Injuries
44. Trauma in Special Populations: Pediatrics
45. Trauma in Special Populations: Geriatrics
46. Trauma in Special Populations: Pregnancy
47. Diving Emergencies: Decompression Sickness and Arterial Embolism
48. Lightning Strike Injuries
Special Patient Populations
49. Obstetrics (Antepartum Complications)
53. Special Challenges
54. Safely Operating an Ambulance
55. Multiple Casualty Incident and Incident Management