Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
Liam L. Kennedy is Professor Emeritus of Economic and Social History at Queen's University Belfast. He is author or editor of several books on economic, demographic, and agrarian history.
Philip P. Ollerenshaw is Reader in History at the University of the West of England, Bristol. He is the author or editor of several books on economic, financial, and urban history.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Ulster Since 1600, Liam Kennedy and Philip Ollerenshaw
1. The Early Modern Economy, 1600-1780, Raymond Gillespie
2. Politics and Society, 1600-1800, Thomas Bartlett
3. Family, Sex, and Marriage, 1600-1800, Mary O'Dowd
4. People and Population Change, 1600-1914, Liam Kennedy, Kerby Miller, and Brian Gurrin
5. Religion and Society, 1600-1914, Sean Connolly
6. Crime, Policing, and the Law, 1600-1900, Neal Garnham
7. Popular Culture, 1600-1914, Sean Connolly and Andrew Holmes
8. Urban Ulster Since 1600, R. J. Morris
9. Migration and Emigration, 1600-1945, Donald MacRaild and Malcolm Smith
10. The Rural Economy, 1780-1914, Liam Kennedy and Peter Solar
11. Business and Finance, 1780-1945, Philip Ollerenshaw
12. Labour and Society, 1780-1945, John Lynch
13. Education Since 1780, Neil Fleming
14. Politics and Society 1800-1960, James Loughlin
15. Gender, Family, and Sexuality, 1800-2000, Diane Urquhart
16. Sport in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, Alan Bairner
17. Agriculture and Rural Policy Since 1914, Alan Greer
18. Industry and Labour Since 1945, Graham Brownlow
19. Social Policy and Social Change Since 1914, Peter Martin
20. Politics Since 1960, Graham Walker