Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Understanding Computers: Today and Tomorrow gives your students a classic introduction to computer concepts with a modern twist! Known for its emphasis on industry insight, this text makes concepts relevant to today's career-focused students.
- MODULAR ORGANIZATION emphasizes the relationship among topics and chapters.
- "ASK THE EXPERT" BOXES offer career advice from industry leaders.
- "EXPERT INSIGHT" ARTICLES relate that chapter's topic to IT careers.
- ONLINE COMPANION is a portal to extra content such as quizzes, videos, and study guides that help reinforce material and engage students.
Table of Contents
|Introduction to the World of Computers|
|The System Unit: Processing and Memory|
|Input and Output|
|System Software: Operating systems and Utility Programs|
|Networks and the Internet Module|
|The Internet and World Wide Web|
|Network and Internet Security|
|Web Applications Module|
|Multimedia and the Web|
|Information Systems and System Development|
|Program Development and Programming Languages|
|Databases and Database Management Systems|
|Computers and Society Module|
|Computer Security and Privacy|
|Intellectual Property Rights, Ethics, health, Access, and the Environment|
|References and Resources Guide|
|Table of Contents provided by Publisher. All Rights Reserved.|