Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Understanding Computers Today and Tomorrow, Comprehensiveby Morley, Deborah; Parker, Charles S.
Questions About This Book?
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Understanding Computers: Today and Tomorrow gives your students a classic introduction to computer concepts with a modern twist! Known for its emphasis on industry insight, this text makes concepts relevant to today's career-focused students.
- MODULAR ORGANIZATION emphasizes the relationship among topics and chapters.
- "ASK THE EXPERT" BOXES offer career advice from industry leaders.
- "EXPERT INSIGHT" ARTICLES relate that chapter's topic to IT careers.
- ONLINE COMPANION is a portal to extra content such as quizzes, videos, and study guides that help reinforce material and engage students.
Table of Contents
|Introduction to the World of Computers|
|The System Unit: Processing and Memory|
|Input and Output|
|System Software: Operating systems and Utility Programs|
|Networks and the Internet Module|
|The Internet and World Wide Web|
|Network and Internet Security|
|Web Applications Module|
|Multimedia and the Web|
|Information Systems and System Development|
|Program Development and Programming Languages|
|Databases and Database Management Systems|
|Computers and Society Module|
|Computer Security and Privacy|
|Intellectual Property Rights, Ethics, health, Access, and the Environment|
|References and Resources Guide|
|Table of Contents provided by Publisher. All Rights Reserved.|