NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version.
This well-written, accessible, widely popular resource uses a stimulating inquiry approach to engage readers in discussion and debate around the most critical issues of diversity in America. Grounded in research from behavioral and social sciences–including education, psychology, history, sociology, biology, anthropology, women’s studies, and ethnic studies–the book uses the question and answer format to bring real meaning and understanding to the topics.
The book’s conceptual framework focuses on culture, the individual, and institutions. The first section examines individual concerns, the second section describes the cultural/historical context, and the third section explores racism, classism, sexism, heterosexism, and ableism by addressing all three areas such as historical biases based on cultural norms, individual prejudices based on myths, misconceptions, and stereotypes about diverse groups, and how institutional discrimination advantages dominant group members and disadvantages oppressed groups. The last section focuses on changes already achieved or that need to be implemented in schools and other areas of society to create a more just society. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded videos and assessments.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0134044312 / 9780134044316 Understanding Human Differences: Multicultural Education for a Diverse America, Enhanced Pearson eText with Loose-Leaf Version - Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0133949710 / 9780133949711 Understanding Human Differences: Multicultural Education for a Diverse America, Enhanced Pearson eText - Access Card
- 0133949842 / 9780133949841 Understanding Human Differences: Multicultural Education for a Diverse America, Loose-Leaf Version