The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
With its time-tested problems, pioneering conceptual and visual pedagogy, and next-generation media package, the Eleventh Edition of Young and Freedman's University Physics is the classic physics textbook with an eye on the future. Using Young & Freedman's research-based ISEE (Identify, Set up, Execute, Evaluate) problem-solving strategy, students develop the physical intuition and problem-solving skills required to tackle the text's extensive high-quality problem sets that have been developed and refined over the past five decades. The completely redesigned, pedagogically consistent artwork and diagrams integrate seamlessly with the text to help students better visualize key concepts. The cornerstone of the media package, MasteringPhysics, provides a library of conceptual tutorials and rigorous multi-step problems that deliver immediate and individualized guidance to each student based on their wrong answers and difficulties and also powers a superior gradebook and student skill-diagnostics profiler. The result is a single, effective solution for assigning uncompromising quality online homework, giving each and every student help where and when they need it, and evaluating students on both an individual and class level.
Table of Contents
1. Units, Physical Quantities, and Vectors. 2. Motion Along a Straight Line. 3. Motion in Two or Three Dimensions. 4. Newton's Laws of Motion. 5. Applying Newton's Laws. 6. Work and Kinetic Energy. 7. Potential Energy and Energy Conservation. 8. Momentum, Impulse, and Collisions. 9. Rotation of Rigid Bodies. 10. Dynamics of Rotational Motion. 11. Equilibrium and Elasticity. 12. Gravitation. 13. Periodic Motion. 14. Fluid Mechanics.
15. Mechanical Waves. 16. Sound and Hearing.
17. Temperature and Heat. 18. Thermal Properties of Matter. 19. The First Law of Thermodynamics. 20. The Second Law of Thermodynamics.
21. Electric Charge and Electric Field. 22. Gauss's Law. 23. Electric Potential. 24. Capacitance and Dielectrics. 25. Current, Resistance, and Electromotive Force. 26. Direct-Current Circuits. 27. Magnetic Field and Magnetic Forces. 28. Sources of Magnetic Field. 29. Electromagnetic Induction. 30. Inductance. 31. Alternating Current. 32. Electromagnetic Waves.
33. The Nature and Propagation of Light. 34. Geometric Optics and Optical Instruments. 35. Interference. 36. Diffraction.
37. Relativity. 38. Quantum Physics I: The Particle Nature of Light. 39. Quantum Physics II: The Wave Nature of Matter. 40. Quantum Physics III: Quantum Mechanics. 41. Atomic Structure. 42. Molecules and Condensed Matter. 43. Nuclear Physics. 44. Particle Physics and Cosmology.