Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
1.1 Vectors in Two and Three Dimensions
1.2 More About Vectors
1.3 The Dot Product
1.4 The Cross Product
1.5 Equations for Planes; Distance Problems
1.6 Some n-dimensional Geometry
1.7 New Coordinate Systems
True/False Exercises for Chapter 1
Miscellaneous Exercises for Chapter 1
2. Differentiation in Several Variables
2.1 Functions of Several Variables;Graphing Surfaces
2.3 The Derivative
2.4 Properties; Higher-order Partial Derivatives
2.5 The Chain Rule
2.6 Directional Derivatives and the Gradient
2.7 Newton's Method (optional)
True/False Exercises for Chapter 2
Miscellaneous Exercises for Chapter 2
3. Vector-Valued Functions
3.1 Parametrized Curves and Kepler's Laws
3.2 Arclength and Differential Geometry
3.3 Vector Fields: An Introduction
3.4 Gradient, Divergence, Curl, and the Del Operator
True/False Exercises for Chapter 3
Miscellaneous Exercises for Chapter 3
4. Maxima and Minima in Several Variables
4.1 Differentials and Taylor's Theorem
4.2 Extrema of Functions
4.3 Lagrange Multipliers
4.4 Some Applications of Extrema
True/False Exercises for Chapter 4
Miscellaneous Exercises for Chapter 4
5. Multiple Integration
5.1 Introduction: Areas and Volumes
5.2 Double Integrals
5.3 Changing the Order of Integration
5.4 Triple Integrals
5.5 Change of Variables
5.6 Applications of Integration
5.7 Numerical Approximations of Multiple Integrals (optional)
True/False Exercises for Chapter 5
Miscellaneous Exercises for Chapter 5
6. Line Integrals
6.1 Scalar and Vector Line Integrals
6.2 Green's Theorem
6.3 Conservative Vector Fields
True/False Exercises for Chapter 6
Miscellaneous Exercises for Chapter 6
7. Surface Integrals and Vector Analysis
7.1 Parametrized Surfaces
7.2 Surface Integrals
7.3 Stokes's and Gauss's Theorems
7.4 Further Vector Analysis; Maxwell's Equations
True/False Exercises for Chapter 7
Miscellaneous Exercises for Chapter 7
8. Vector Analysis in Higher Dimensions
8.1 An Introduction to Differential Forms
8.2 Manifolds and Integrals of k-forms
8.3 The Generalized Stokes's Theorem
True/False Exercises for Chapter 8
Miscellaneous Exercises for Chapter 8
Suggestions for Further Reading
Answers to Selected ExercisesIndex