from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
What a World: Amazing Stories from Around the Globe, is a six-book series that explores many fascinating topics from around the world and across history. The stories in What a World cover a diverse range of high-interest topics, from biographical pieces to exploration of cultures in various historical and contemporary periods.
- Words that Go Together activities highlight collocations -- words that are easier to learn together.
- Critical Thinking questions develop students' thinking skills.
- Spelling and Punctuation activities provide basic rules and practice for essential skills.
- Internet activities build students' Internet research skills.
- Self-Tests help students and teachers assess progress.
- What a World Listening -- a 3-level complementary series -- explores parallel themes to What a World Reading as it develops students' communication skills.
Table of Contents
Unit 1 What Was Life Like in a Medieval Castle?
Unit 2 Why Did the Inca Empire Disappear?
Unit 3 How Do Hindus Celebrate the Diwali Festival?
Unit 4 What Is the Story Behind The 1,001 Arabian Nights?
Unit 5 What Is Angkor Wat?
Unit 6 What Does Hair Tell Us About People?
Unit 7 How Did Chopsticks Originate?
Unit 8 Where Did Certain Wedding Customs Originate?
Self-Test 1: Units 1-8
Unit 9 What Is the Curse of King Tut?
Unit 10 Why Do People Want to Climb Mount Everest?
Unit 11 Why Is the Renaissance Important?
Unit 12 What Is the Most Popular Sport in the World?
Unit 13 How Did Convicts Help Settle Australia?
Unit 14 What Is the Story of Tea?
Unit 15 Why Is Ernest Shackleton's Expedition to Antarctica So Famous?
Unit 16 Who Invented the World Wide Web?
Self-Test 2: Units 9-16
Map of the World