Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
The new edition of For Your Information 1: Reading and Vocabulary Skills, by Karen Blanchard and Christine Root, helps beginning students become engaged, thoughtful, and confident readers of English. Each thematic unit features high-interest readings and an assortment of activities to increase students' vocabulary base and build reading skills.
Features of For Your Information 1, Second Edition:
- New and updated reading selections motivate students to explore different aspects of each topic and develop a range of critical thinking skills.
- Expanded reading comprehension and skill-building exercises help prepare students for academic competency and standardized testing
- A variety of new vocabulary-building skills and word-attack activities increase students' vocabulary.
- A companion DVD of ABC News excerpts, with accompanying activities, expands on the themes.
To order the Audio CDs, click on the Resources link on the left side of this page.
Karen Blanchard has an M.S.Ed in English Education from the University of Pennsylvania, and Christine Root has an M.Ed in English Education from the University of Massachusetts. Both authors have more than twenty-five years of experience working with English language learners at the university level. Karen has also taught at the American Language Academy at Beaver College, in addition to tutoring students at many levels. Christine has taught in the Harvard ESL program and is a founder, coordinator, and guide in the ESOL tour program at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Karen and Christine continue to enjoy working together to create English language textbooks for students around the world.
Karen and Chistine first met when they were teaching at the University of Pennylvania. It wan't long before they began working on their first book, Ready to Write. They have continued their successful collaboration, producing more than seventeen popular reading and writing textbooks.
Table of Contents
|All in the Family|
|A Family Bike Trip|
|Whats in a Name?|
|The Jim Twins Tie It All Together|
|A Peanut Butter Restaurant|
|The Tokyo Fish Market|
|A Cookie with a Surprise Inside Tie It All Together|
|Keeping in Touch|
|Easy Ways to Keep in Touch|
|Sending Cyber-Hugs Tie It All Together|
|The Work World|
|A Job Change|
|A Popular Cartoonist Tie It All Together|
|Language and Life|
|Languages of the World|
|Students Save Their Native Language Tie It All Together|
|Friends with Four Legs|
|A Baby Panda Gets a Name|
|A Lost Cat Comes Home Tie It All Together|
|A Marathon Marriage|
|Who Is Tiger Woods?|
|The Ultimate Game Tie It All Together|
|Istanbuls Grand Bazaar|
|An Ice Hotel|
|Sister Cities Exchange Gifts Tie It All Together|
|Vocabulary Self-Test Vocabulary Self-Tests|
|Map of the United States|
|Map of the World Readers|
|Table of Contents provided by Publisher. All Rights Reserved.|