Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
The new edition of For Your Information 4, by Karen Blanchard and Christine Root, helps high-intermediate students become engaged, thoughtful, and confident readers of English. Each thematic unit features high-interest readings and an assortment of activities to increase students' vocabulary base and build reading skills.
Features of For Your Information 4, Second Edition:
- New and updated reading selections motivate students to explore different aspects of each topic and develop a range of critical thinking skills.
- Expanded reading comprehension and skill-building exercises help prepare students for academic competency and standardized tests.
- A variety of new vocabulary-building skills and word-attack activities increase students' vocabulary.
- A companion DVD of ABC News excerpts, with accompanying activities, expands on the themes.
To order the Audio CDs, click on the Resources link on the left side of this page.
Karen Blanchard has an M.S.Ed in English Education from the University of Pennsylvania, and Christine Root has an M.Ed in English Education from the University of Massachusetts. Both authors have more than twenty-five years of experience working with English language learners at the university level. Karen has also taught at the American Language Academy at Beaver College, in addition to tutoring students at many levels. Christine has taught in the Harvard ESL program and is a founder, coordinator, and guide in the ESOL tour program at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Karen and Christine continue to enjoy working together to create English language textbooks for students around the world.
Karen and Chistine first met when they were teaching at the University of Pennylvania. It wan't long before they began working on their first book, Ready to Write. They have continued their successful collaboration, producing more than seventeen popular reading and writing textbooks.
Table of Contents
|What Languages do you Speak?|
|Reaping the Rewards of Learning English|
|The Hope of Esperanto|
|Instant Messaging: Shaping Our Lives Tie It All Together|
|Don't Worry, Be Happy|
|How Color Can Change Your Life Tie It All Together|
|Home and Family|
|The House on Mango Street|
|Birth Order: What It Means for Your Kids ... and You Tie It All Together|
|Winning and Losing|
|Athletes as Role Models|
|Olympic Marathons, Then and Now|
|Helping Athletes Go for the GOld Tie It All Together|
|Music's Surprising Power to Heal|
|Frogs and Human Health Tie It All Together|
|They're Stealing Our Masterpieces|
|For Sale: Stolen Animals Tie It All Together|
|The Universe and Beyond|
|Valuable By-Products of Space Research|
|Dancing to the Music of Physics Tie It All Together|
|Nothing but the Truth|
|Do's and Taboos Tie It All Together|
|Vocabulary Self-Test Vocabulary Self-Tests|
|Map of the World|
|Map of the United States Readers|
|Table of Contents provided by Publisher. All Rights Reserved.|