Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Table of Contents
I. THE TEACHING PROFESSION.
2. Development of the Profession.
II. PHILOSOPHY AND ITS IMPACT ON THE SCHOOLS.
4. The Impact of Educational Theories on Educational Practice.
III. HISTORICAL FOUNDATIONS OF EDUCATION.
6. American Education From the Revolution to the Twentieth Century.
7. Modern American Education: From the Progressive Movement to the Present.
IV. THE SCHOOLS AND SOCIETY.
9. Responding to a Diverse and Multicultural Society.
10. Students at Risk.
V. LEGAL AND POLITICAL CONTROL AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT.
12. Teachers, Students, and the Law.
13. Governance and Financing of Elementary and Secondary Schools.
VI. CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION.
15. Instructional Practices in Effective Schools.
VII. PROJECTIONS FOR THE FUTURE.