- An integrated flow between chapters allows students to clearly see how topics relate to each other from the start.
- An in-depth look at organizational culture from the origins of culture to its relationship with organizational effectiveness.
- Detailed coverage of the stakeholder approach to organizations and the implications of this approach for organizational effectiveness.
- Explanations of the most recent developments in organizational structure such as the product team structure, outsourcing, and the network organizations.
- Discussion of recent literature on inter-organizational linkage mechanisms, including the role of resource dependence theory and transaction cost theory in explaining why organizations choose different types of linkage mechanisms.
- An integrated account of the strategy-structure relationship.
- Comprehensive coverage of international strategy and structure and global organizational design.
- An analysis of new technological developments, including the Internet, integrated with traditional concepts already used in organizational theory. See how technical complexity, task non-routinism, and task interdependence affect organizational design.
- A detailed discussion of both population ecology theory and institutional theory.
Look for more information on the Web at www.prenhall.com/jones