Serving as a rhetoric, reader, and handbook, Progressions provides unusually extensive support for the student by specifically showing what to do in every step of the writing process. Extensive attention is given to multiple strategies for working through every level of the writing process and students are encouraged to develop their own effective writing processes.
- The three-in-one format includes a rhetoric, reader, and handbook for basic writers.
- Detailed coverage of the writing process offers a wealth of strategies for prewriting, drafting, revising, and editing as a means of developing a personalized efficient writing processes.
- An unsurpassed variety of exercises, including pre- and post-tests, composing exercises, and whole and continuous discourse exercises (many with academic and cultural content), provide flexibility for instructors and more than ample practice for students.
- The paragraph is treated as a unit of composition, offering a manageable structure for students to hone their developing skills.
- An emphasis on editing strategies and sentence-level concerns provides basic writers ample opportunities to improve their editing skills.
- The “Succeeding in College” feature helps students apply their writing skills across the curriculum.
- Brief summary and FAQs marginalia reinforce the material for students.
- Professional and student writing samples illustrate concepts and provide departure points for writing.
- Readings are arranged by rhetorical pattern to help students and teachers match professional readings to the rhetorical organization of the text.