Only one copy
in stock at this price.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Steve Piscitelli has three decades of teaching and professional development experience. He has taught students of varying abilities and grade levels, from middle school through the university level. He has been recognized for his effective teaching style with awards at the school, county, and international level. Steve is also a seasoned national workshop developer and presenter. He brings energy, humor, interaction, live original music, and practicality to his classes and workshops. He has presented in every region of the nation.
Steve, a tenured professor at Florida State College at Jacksonville, has earned degrees from Jacksonville University, The University of North Florida, and The University of Florida. He is also the author of Study Skills: Do I Really Need This Stuff?, Second Edition, published by Pearson Prentice Hall in 2009. Steve also wrote, produced, and recorded the CD Same Tune, Different Song. He weaves his songs into his classes and his programs.
Steve lives with his wife, Laurie, and canine companion, Buddy, in Atlantic Beach, Florida. You will find more information about Steve, his books, his music, and his programs You will find more information about Steve, his books, his music, and his programs at www.stevepiscitelli.com.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Choices for Priority Management
1. Transitions, Balance, and Organization
2. Organizing Time, Space, and Money
3. Motivation and Goal Setting
4. Critical Thinking and Learning Preferences
Part 2: Choices for Academic Success
5. Class-Time Listening and Note-Taking Skills
6. Out-of-Class Strategies for Notes Review and Textbook Reading
7. Test Preparation and Memory Skills
8. Test Performance
9. Information Literacy
Part 3: Choices for a Balanced Life
10. The Many Faces of Civility
11. Treating Yourself With Respect
12. Financial Literacy
13. Exploration of Majors and Careers