180 day subscription
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
This engaging and accessible text introduces the modern principles and practice of infection control and safety for clinics, ambulatory settings, and laboratories. Beyond infection control, INFECTION CONTROL AND SAFETY takes a comprehensive view of safety hazards facing healthcare professionals, also offering current, credible, and relevant information about best practices in chemical and radiation safety. Topics include: agencies and standards pertaining to infection control and safety; infectious diseases and healthcare-associated infections; blood-borne pathogens; prevention; post-exposure prophylaxis, and much more. Appendices address reportable diseases, healthcare-associated infections, and reproductive health hazards. Case studies in each chapter challenge the reader to apply the material to realistic scenarios. Chapters are also supplemented with Words of Warning! and Work Safe! boxed features highlighting special infection control topics. This text is supported by exceptionally high-quality instructor slides, IM, and test banks.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: Principles and Practice of Safety
2. Resources: Laws and Agencies
3. Infectious Diseases and Healthcare-Associated Infections
4. Controlling Healthcare-Associated Infections
5. Blood-borne Pathogens
6. Chemical Safety: Best Practices
7. Radiation Safety: Best Practices
Appendix A. Glossary
Appendix B. Reportable Nationally Notifiable Infectious Conditions
Appendix C. Healthcare-Associated Infections
Appendix D. Reproductive Health and Safety