Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Thai Red Curry Tofu and Veggies
Thai curry paste can be found in most groceries, and most are vegan. Use less curry paste if you like milder foods and more if you like it fiery hot.
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 bell pepper, julienned
- 1 can (8 ounces, or 225 g) bamboo shoots, drained and julienned
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 packages (15 ounces, or 420 g each) extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (16 to 32 g) red curry paste
- 2 cups (470 ml) water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 392 g) light coconut milk
- Fresh Thai basil, for serving
- 1 lime, sliced, for serving
The Night Before:
Store the cut-up onion, bell pepper, bamboo shoots, and cauliflower, and tofu in an airtight container in the fridge. Store the cut-up broccoli in a separate airtight container in the fridge.
In the Morning:
Combine the onion, bell pepper, bamboo shoots, cauliflower, tofu, curry paste, water, and lime juice in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
About 20 minutes before serving, add the coconut milk and broccoli. Cook until the broccoli is tender. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Serve topped with chopped Thai basil and a slice of lime.
Total Prep Time:15 minutes
Total Cooking Time:6 to 8 hours
Recipe Ideas & Variations:
Swap out the veggies depending on the season. Zucchini, acorn squash, green beans, and kale, all make tasty additions.